Ok, so here is how I solved the problem.

It is due effectively to the fact that a connection is not closed. I thought I
knew all the points in the application that interacted with JMS, I checked and
double checked them, still there was a place that did its own JMS sending
without closing connections (and using the non XA /ConnectionFactory).

What allowed me to realize where the problem was is that by enabling TRACE on
org.jboss.mq, every time a message is sent you have a stacktrace of where that
call is coming from. So in my case here PublisherToJmsTopic was the class I had
completely forgotten about.

  | 2008-02-15 11:20:51,498 TRACE [JMS SessionPool
Worker-1-org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] start called
  | java.lang.Exception: Start stack trace
  |     at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager.start(SocketManager.java:112)
  |     at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerIL.createConnection(UILServerIL.java:523)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerIL.getSocketMgr(UILServerIL.java:390)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerIL.authenticate(UILServerIL.java:277)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.Connection.authenticate(Connection.java:1067)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:252)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:323)
  |     at org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection.<init>(SpyConnection.java:116)
  |     at
org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory.internalCreateConnection(SpyConnectionFactory.java:137)
  |     at
org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection(SpyConnectionFactory.java:118)
  |     at
fr.bnf.entrychain.internalservice.impl.PublisherToJmsTopic.publishEvent(PublisherToJmsTopic.java:31)
  |     at
fr.bnf.entrychain.internalservice.impl.InternalOrchestrationServiceImpl.publishEvent(InternalOrchestrationServiceImpl.java:59)
  |     at
fr.bnf.entrychain.internalservice.impl.InternalOrchestrationServiceBean.publishEvent(InternalOrchestrationServiceBean.java:40)
  |     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

The JDBC pool in JBoss has a nice feature that closes unclosed connections
showing the stracktrace of the point that opened the connection. Not that
developers should use that as connection closing mechanism but it is helpful
for debugging.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129603#4129603

Reply to the post :