Dear all,

When in a persistence context, creating a process instance using
JbpmContext.createNewProcessInstance(String procDefName) always end up with the
newly created instance persisted in the database.
I think this should not be the case, since there is
JbpmContext.createNewProcessInstanceForUpdate(String procDefName).
The latter should be creating an instance that is persisted upon creation,
while the first should create a transient task instance that should be manually
persisted.
This auto persisting behaviour is coded into one of only two ProcessInstance
constructor.

I'm using 3.1.4 and don't know if this have changed in later version, nor is
this an intended behaviour.

Should I file a bug?

regards,

Rudi