I have a process that demands high volume - 1000 or more concurrent processes -
and high latency - some async steps that require a 2-5 day wait.  I realize
there are countless way to address problem this outside of a BPMS, but i was
wondering how Jbpm handled async nodes/actions and if resources outside of
process/transactional data in persistent store are kept around during an async
operation.   My fear is that, for example, Threads and other resources outside
of persistent store are held in a suspended state while waiting for a signal -
instead of releasing all these resources and then re-allocating them when
signalled.  I realize there are transactional considerations in retaining
thread based resources and possibly others as well, but any explanation about
the resource management and scalability of the async module would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970377#3970377