Hi chris,

we set some portlet instance parameters via the portlet-instance.xml. These
parameters are visible to all user - we want a user with a defined role ("site
admin") to be able to modify these settings. Setting the values via the
PortletPreferences is not an option as these values are stored in connetion
with the logged in user and not for all users. That is why we want to modify
the portlet instance parameters via the InstanceContainer.

There is a reason for using this version: we are devloping since mid 2007 and
want to keep our developing platform and libary base stable. We have also
noticed that, there a some bigger changes between the different portal
versions, like a change of the underlaying jboss application server version
from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1. So maybe we grade up after our portal projetk is final,
but until now we want to keep the version.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133406#4133406

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133406