There is something that I am not figuring out. Some characters just are
misinterpreted... anyway... I change to SOAPMessage and set the default
encoding to UTF-8 (from windows-1252 on Windows)... now it really works!

for JVM:-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

  |     private Dispatch<SOAPMessage> dispatch;
  |
  |     private MessageFactory messageFactory;
  |
  |     /* package */ DispatchHandler(Dispatch<SOAPMessage> dispatch) throws
Exception
  |     {
  |             this.dispatch = dispatch;
  |
  |             messageFactory = MessageFactory.newInstance();
  |     }
  |
  |     public SOAPMessage createRequest(String request) throws Exception
  |     {
  |             ByteArrayInputStream stream = new
ByteArrayInputStream(request.getBytes());
  |             SOAPMessage message = messageFactory.createMessage(null,
stream);
  |             stream.close();
  |             return message;
  |     }
  |
  |     public String createResponse(SOAPMessage message) throws Exception
  |     {
  |             ByteArrayOutputStream stream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(1024);
  |             message.writeTo(stream);
  |             String response = stream.toString();
  |             stream.close();
  |             return response;
  |     }
  |
  |     public String invoke(String request) throws Exception
  |     {
  |             try
  |             {
  |                     SOAPMessage requestMessage = createRequest(request);
  |
  |                     SOAPMessage responseMessage =
dispatch.invoke(requestMessage);

  |                     return createResponse(responseMessage);
  |     }