Alejandro and Mauricio are correct.

The LDAPIdentityProvider is designed to use the InetOrgPerson schema which is
standard LDAP schema.

However, I think the use of cn and sn in its current implementation is not
correct.

I would prefer to use uid instead of cn, and still not sure how to represent
the "activation" field.

using sn is confusing.

I initially used these, since the LDAP repo that I was connecting with had the
data setup that way.

However, its time the out-of-the-box LDAP impl moves away from that semantics
and uses uid and something else for representing "account activation"

Part of the reason I have not changed it, is also keeping backward
compatibility with existing users who have setup their LDAP repo based on this
impl.

I think the cleanest approach will be leave this LDAPIdentityProvider impl as
is, and introduce a new one that maps the data in a more standard manner.

I apologize for the confusion that the hackish usage of 'sn' created ;)

If I were Hillary Clinton then I would say "I mis-coded" ;)

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4141802#4141802

Reply to the post :