Ron,

The only area I was needed to work on remoting improvement is NetworkRegistry.
Our system is distributed among several DCs and we are unable to use multicast.
Moreover, due specifics of our system, channels between DC are quite
unreliable. So we tried to use JndiDetector.

However, the JndiDetector registered to many false server failure detections.
The problem is described in detail here:

http://aharlamov.blogspot.com/2007/09/things-you-would-like-to-avoid-during.html

Also, it is hard to say when NetworkRegistry is coherent with overall system
state. i.e. NetworkRegistry starts and shows invalid view of available system
services until Detector runs for the first time. As our system structure is not
very dynamic, I'd prefer to get a locator of service pointing onto non-existing
server instead of "no such service" report.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146757#4146757

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146757