"alesj" wrote : "ALRubinger" wrote :
  |   | 1) Decorator Pattern for anything wishing to leverage MC
  |   |
  | I'm bad with names, if you can illustrate what this would do?

I use the term loosely for any wrapper object which adds behaviour to an
existing implementation, just as you'd proposed.  But Wikipedia defines it as a
Runtime introduction, analogous (in final result anyway) to a Mixin in AOP
(load- or instrument-time).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decorator_pattern

"alesj" wrote : "ALRubinger" wrote :
  |   | 2) Kernel is transparent, but available, to anything in the process
  |   |
  | All MC core objects are services inside MC's Controller, so they can be
easily injected.
  | But that means your POJOs are MC aware, not really a light decision to take.
  | But if that's AS5 building block, then it should be a np.
  | http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133488

Hm, that does introduce an API dependency which in a perfect universe should be
avoided.  Problem is, not all of our code is or can be an MC Bean itself.

Users of EJB3 have the same problem for unmanaged objects - they can't inject
@Resource or @EJB, so they've gotta do a JNDI lookup.

For AS5, we're already dependent upon MC for the Deployment API, and we'll
probably continue this trend for Standalone/Embedded spins.   Plus MC is a
perfect project anyway, right?  So let's get married.

S,
ALR

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151364#4151364