Thanks for the quick reply Ronald.

I was aware of the term milestone being used in a workflow pattern for
synchronizing parallel branches... although I assume this was not fully baked
yet as the "milestone-node" doesn't appear the jPDL schema.  Looks like there
is a test case that exercises it, though.

Anyway... I was having trouble understanding you last sentence or two.  Are you
saying that what I'm proposing is not inherently bad when using reporting tool
like SeeWhy?  And what did you mean by anonymous wrote : not use specific
queries to retrieve start and end date of normal tasks/nodes/joins/... whatever

FYI... the reason we are doing this is that processes can involve tens or
sometimes 100+ steps and process designers want to place milestones to
logically mark of points that are of importance to them.  Their goal is to set
up processes so that any could be viewed from a macro perspective by looking at
the progress of the milestone nodes.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158489#4158489

Reply to the post :