That's great to hear.  I've just downloaded the latest nightly, and will give
it a try.

Here's a question.  I see two ways of approaching deploying sub-deployment
archives with these tools.  One would be to have the war project have a .war
archive in "Project Archives," the ejb jars have their own archives, etc.  The
other way is to have my ear project package up everything from other projects,
as I described in my original post.

I'm wondering which is preferred, or maybe, which is simply more tested and
less likely to have bugs :)

The case of having each project handle its own archive makes sense in terms of
clarity, but since each sub-deployment archive .package entry has to know the
directory of the ear archive to publish _to_, there's still a dependence there.
 And I'm worried about splitting them all up for fear of triggering bugs.  For
example, if different sub-deployment projects are simultaneously incrementally
publishing their contents during a build to jboss, will jboss survive, or will
I get incomplete deployments?

On the other hand, in the "one project with archives to rule them all"
approach, if changes are made to files in the war project, and the ear project
has an archive that references those files, will incremental deployment of the
ear/war happen even if the ear project has no project dependency (in the build
path) on the war project?

Thanks for any advice.  And thanks again for providing a way to avoid using
WTP, which has singed my eyebrows too many times to believe "really, in this
next release the tools are stable and usable."

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158805#4158805

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158805