anonymous wrote : Yup, out of the box JBM 1.4 config. HSQL is fine with us
because of the architecture I mentioned above, as long as HSQL is configured to
persist to disk for durable storage across restarts (which it is by default it
appears).

I'm not sure if it's memory or disk, but on HSQL as transactions won't work,
you won't have the same level of guarantee. Commit is not forcing a sync on
HSQL files... so it is probably faster but it is also probably broken.

anonymous wrote : This was on a MacBook

I have heard the JVM on Mac has few performance issues with sockets.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160017#4160017

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160017