"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : I don't understand your question.  Are you saying
you try to edit files in the default/tmp folder but then find they get
overridden from the content in default/deploy when you redeploy?  But an
exploded archive lets you edit the exploded content?
I am sorry for the confusion, I meant to say that a previously exploded context
is lost once you restart the Jboss server.
Consider following myApp.ear for example -
myApp.ear
  | |
  | |
  | |-------myWeb.war
  | |          |
  | |          |-------config
  | |          |          |
  | |          |          |-------customConfig.properties[configurations are
lost after restarts]
  | |          |          |
  | |          |
  | |          |-------upload[User uploads few config input file. Uploaded
files are also lost on restarts of server]
  | |          |          |
  | |          |          |------- aInput.xml
  | |          |          |------- bInput.xml
  | |          |          |------- cInput.xml
  | |          |

myApp.ear archived file is deployed under  ${jboss.home}\server\default\deploy\
then its content will be exploded to
default\tmp\deploy\tmp1234myApp-contents.ear[with some namimg protocol of
Jboss].

Any configuration changes done to customConfig.properties file resides inside
exploded context tmp1234myApp-contents.ear directory. Similarly any file
uploads done to the context will also reside in this temp exploaded directory.

Once we restart Jboss server, it deletes all contents of
${jboss.home}\server\default\tmp\deploy folder,where the ear files are
exploaded and exploads are the ear files again.
Since modification done to the exploaded application[context] resides in
tmp\deploy\, are lost after restart.When server is restarted ear file is
extracted again to tmp\deploy folder.

All configurations done on previously exploaded application are lost.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : And your description of "farming service" doesn't
describe any service provided by JBoss. There is no feature to replicate
uploaded files around a cluster (except if you did something like store the
file content byte[] as an attributed in a clustered web session).

And for this I still need some more clarification -
>From Cluster guide -
anonymous wrote : The easiest way to deploy an application into the cluster is
to use the farming service. That is to hot-deploy the application
  | archive file (e.g., the EAR, WAR or SAR file) in the all/farm/ directory of
any of the cluster member
  | and the application is automatically duplicated across all nodes in the
same cluster. If node joins the cluster later, it
  | will pull in all farm deployed applications in the cluster and deploy them
locally at start-up time. If you delete the
  | application from one of the running cluster server node's farm/ folder, the
application will be undeployed locally
  | and then removed from all other cluster server nodes farm folder (triggers
undeployment.) You should manually
  | delete the application from the farm folder of any server node not
currently connected to the cluster

What if there is any modifcation to the context , as explained in above in
myApp.ear  issue example.If there is a file upload to the context? how will
this be communicate to other nodes?
I dont see any thing that explain my doubt in cluster guide/doc, please let me
know if my understanding is wrong.
If Jboss does not support replication of context , should we use any cluster
software to do that?

Regards,
Sandeep

View the original post :