Hi Chris

At few months ago I've started to work in a Portal project. In this project, we
have a large number of applications that are accessed remotely by a portal
adapter. As I told you before, we have an in house solution that uses http
connection to access the backend applications.

We are starting to develop our new portlets using WSRP and we are thinking to
migrate the current ones. For that, we are working in a prof-of-concept
checking different vendors and configurations to see which one fits better our
necessity. Finished that POC, we will need point out a portal vendor as our
preferred solution for WSRP producer.

Actually, we would like that every new application be developed as WSRP
producer, but we have found that things are not so simple as it seems to be.
Unfortunately, WSRP do not work well in our current reality, which is different
vendors for consumer and producer.

Currently we have WPS 5.1 (using portlet adapter http connections) accessing
apps from WPS 5.1, WPS 6.0, WPS 6.1, Tomcat, .Net and some php apps. For WSRP
we have WPS 5.1 and WPS 6.0 as consumer, and NetUnit as producer.

Thanks,
Fernando

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161021#4161021