"tkyung" wrote : Is there a downside for making this a prototype bean?

This is more of a Spring question, so you should really ask there.
But I think this is what happens here is that if a bean is prototype, Spring
doesn't track it anymore, so nothing happens on shutdown - since it's out of
Spring's scope.

What you should really use is, SpringDeployer's hierarchy notion:
 - http://java.sys-con.com/read/180386.htm
anonymous wrote :
  |  Since we'd like to hot deploy many different Spring archives, each of them
must be uniquely represented in our environment. For that purpose, JNDI will be
used as a registry for these deployments. But where can we get our local JNDI
name? By default, this JNDI name is obtained from the archive's file name:
.spring or -spring.xml. But since it's also possible for each bean factory to
have parent bean factory, there should be a way to define this parent's name
too. This can be done in Spring's beans xml descriptor in description tag as
shown in Listing 3.

  | We are parsing this description tag and looking for a regular expression
pattern of 'BeanFactory=()' and 'ParentBeanFactory=()' so see Listing 4.

  | Every time a Spring component is undeployed, we get the corresponding Bean
factory through the URL string key in our bean factory map. We remove the map
entry, destroy the bean factory singletons, and unbind it from JNDI. When
undeploying components be careful of the bean factory hierarchy; don't undeploy
some other component's parent bean factory. When shutting down, JBossAS
undeploys components in reverse order, which is the right behavior for our
child-parent bean factory hierarchy.

And then you can access other context's bean directly.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164598#4164598

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164598