Also, this is incredibly anecdotal, but I was witnessing the JBM queue
MessageCount and DeliveringCount tick upwards together while this was
happening, independently of the actual number of messages. That is, I could run
listAllMessages on the queue mbean and see nothing, but MessageCount and
DeliveringCount could both be some n > 0 which would tick up at a rate of few
per day.

There may be some data race or unsafe exception handling occurring in relation
to these exceptions. (ie, increment the counter but the commit into queue fails
with unexpected security exception?)

Anyway, I thought I'd mention it.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165338#4165338