"lovelyliatroim" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   | While you may not have the time to play with this, I would advise to at
least keep it on your radar. It is _significantly_ faster than 2.X, and has a
smaller memory footprint as well. I expect to release Alpha2 this
evening/tomorrow morning, and my goal is to have this in GA by the end of
September.

  | So soon, will keep it on the radar so, how hard/easy would a migration step
up be from 2.x to 3.0?? Roughly?

Easier than the 1.x -> 2.x move, I expect.  The only real API differences that
may cause problems:

1.  De-generification of Fqn
2.  Removed deprecated public constructors on Fqn - only use static factory
methods like Fqn.fromString() from now on.
3.  Removed deprecated DefaultCacheFactory.getInstance() method - now create
one using "new".

Apart from that, the only other changes are internal so while they will affect
you (better performance, lower memory usage, different tuning and config
options) they won't affect any interfacing code.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168674#4168674

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168674