Hi, I did my homework but just too helpless.. so I'm doing the last resort.

Specs:

Eclipse 3.4.0 Ganymede
JBossAS-Tools-1.1.2.GA
jboss-4.2.3.GA

My Problem:

My breakpoint on my translated JSP files (e.g. index_jsp.java) were always
ignored by eclipse whenever I try visiting the JSP concerned.

What I have done:

Before I established a debugging environment, I added a virtual folder to my
"Dynamic Web" eclipse project that links to the folder where the JBoss dumps in
the translated JSP files. (e.g.
%JBOSS_HOME%\server\default\work\jboss.web\localhost\MyProject)

I managed to establish a debugging environment by using two methods:
1. Using "debug on server" provided by jbossAs tools
2. Debugging as "Remote Java Application" using anonymous wrote :
JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y
%JAVA_OPTS%
provided on the run.bat

Everything looks fine but my breakpoints on my translated JSP files were being
ignored. I can set breakpoints on JSP itself (non scriptless) and have my VM
suspend at that breakpoint. But I have scriptless JSP file so it would be
impossible to set breakpoints on that, so I set the breakpoints on translated
JSP file. Unfortunately VM do not suppend on breakpoints I have set on the
translated JSP files.

Any help will save this dude from insanity. Thanks!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168863#4168863

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168863