Hi,

We're currently using Jboss AS 4.2.2.GA on Solaris 10 with JbossCache 2.2.0.CR6.

Naturally we're deploying it as a SAR as per the wiki. This all works somewhat
marvelous, but when we redeploy one of our EARs and an EJB tries to grab hold
of something in the cache that was there before it got redeployed. It throws a
ClassCastException at us. Trying to call the clearData(Fqn) doesn't  remove the
problem either. Reploying the SAR with JbossCache in it does however. Our POJOs
have serialVersionUID set of course, which should make for the objects to be
the same always (given that we don't change them of course). Is JbossCache
possible caching the class of the objects it stores? And if so is it possible
to only clear a certain part of the tree like when using clearData(Fqn) to
clear cached data to get these class cachings disappear.

If there's any other detailed information you guys need - don't hesitate to ask
for it.

BR,

Ian J.

View the original post :