I'm sure it is specific to our application. The thing is, this was working on
4.0.1 but not on 4.2.3. My guess is that there is some problem with the
configuration of the 4.2.3 server, because the application configuration files
are unchanged.

I am pretty much of a newbie with Web apps and services so I'm unsure of what I
need to be looking at. To make things worse the documentation is nonexistent.
JuniperLNServlet is a Web service. Because this is the first servlet defined in
web.xml, it seems like the problem is systemic and not specific to this
servlet. To save space I am just including configuration code that is related
to this servlet. If anybody has some ideas that makes them want to look at let
me know and I will post that code.

web.xml

  |     <servlet>
  |        <servlet-name>JuniperLNServlet</servlet-name>
  |        <servlet-class>lingonet.webservices.JuniperLNServlet</servlet-class>
  |     </servlet>
  |     <servlet-mapping>
  |        <servlet-name>JuniperLNServlet</servlet-name>
  |        <url-pattern>/JuniperLN</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>

wevservice.xml

  |     <webservice-description>

<webservice-description-name>JuniperLNService</webservice-description-name>
  |         <wsdl-file>WEB-INF/wsdl/JuniperLNService.wsdl</wsdl-file>

<jaxrpc-mapping-file>WEB-INF/junipermapping.xml</jaxrpc-mapping-file>
  |         <port-component>
  |             <port-component-name>JuniperLN</port-component-name>
  |             <wsdl-port
xmlns:my="http://lingonet.lingosys.com";>my:JuniperLNPort</wsdl-port>

<service-endpoint-interface>lingonet.webservices.JuniperLN</service-endpoint-interface>
  |             <service-impl-bean>
  |                 <servlet-link>JuniperLNServlet</servlet-link>
  |             </service-impl-bean>
  |         </port-component>
  |     </webservice-description>

View the original post :