Thanks for replying. The problem is that a user is editing actor information
and when clicking on the update method, I have to check if the name is not
already saved to the database. What I am doing, is checking first if the name
is unique but what is happening is that the update is occuring implicitly
before I can make the checking so everytime I will get an error message saying
that the name is unique because it has been saved to the database when the
update took place. How can I solve this? I want to be able to do the checking
before the update action takes place. Thank you in advance.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3973500#3973500

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3973500