Hi All,

I just had a colleague coming up to me saying that there JBoss application
won't start because it has no internet connectivity.
The JBoss server is unable to retrieve the dtd files from java.sun.com.

As far as I know, the DOCTYPE specifiers (example below) are only being used to
identify which type of document the parser is working with, rather than for
validation purposes.

Quote:
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
Thus it seems rather strange to me that JBoss (Tomcat) would be actually trying
to fetch those dtd's from the internet.

However, if somebody could confirm this, then I can rest assured

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191695#4191695

Reply to the post :