Hello,

  I got following issue.

Environment:
  jboss-portal-2.7.0.GA (bundled version) -> JSF RI 1.2_08 and Jboss portlet
bridge 1.0.0.B4

I have PortletA and PortletB - both are JSF portlets. PortletA publishes Event
and PortletB processes it. Sometimes when event is triggered from PortletA,
ViewExpiredException is thrown during restoring view of PortletB

  | Caused by: javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException:
viewId:/scsearch/scsearchdetail.jsp - View /scsearch/scsearchdetail.jsp could
not be restored.
  |     at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:186)
  |     at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
  |     at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPhase(RestoreViewPhase.java:104)
  |     at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
  |     at
org.jboss.portletbridge.AjaxPortletBridge.execute(AjaxPortletBridge.java:587)
  |     at
org.jboss.portletbridge.AjaxPortletBridge.renderResponse(AjaxPortletBridge.java:441)
  |     at
org.jboss.portletbridge.AjaxPortletBridge.doFacesRequest(AjaxPortletBridge.java:344)

As workaround this partly works (at least stack trace is not displayed though
event is not processed) - add it to web.xml of PortletB's war

  | <context-param>
  |     <param-name>com.sun.faces.enableRestoreView11Compatibility</param-name>
  |         <param-value>true</param-value>

Still not satisfied with "solution" I debug JSF and came to strange conclusion:
JSF adds hidden field into form (there is form in both PortletA and PortletB
underlying jsp page) like

  | <INPUT id="javax.faces.ViewState" type="hidden"
name="javax.faces.ViewState" value="j_id9" />  w
  |     </context-param>

This values stores version of view stored in session for particular view.
Problem is that the same version is used for both portlets - in case that
PortletB does have such a version (e.g. html would like like)

  | <INPUT id="javax.faces.ViewState" type="hidden"
name="javax.faces.ViewState" value="j_id8" />  w
  |     </context-param>

than no view is found and ViewExpiredException is thrown.

Any idea how to solve this properly?

Thanks
Jaro

View the original post :