I have a design issue I'm working through - I'm attempting to limit requests
into a remote system to a set number per client.  So for each client we have, I
want a max of (for example) 15 requests to be sent to the system.  Clients are
added and removed constantly so extra development for each client is out of the
question.

In normal Java I would just create a new client object that allocates a thread
pool and send requests into each client.  The thread pool would limit the
number of active requests in the system and all is well.  However, this logic
will not work in EJB land because the container does not like application code
allocating thread pools.

The only other way I can think of to implement anything like this would be to
submit jobs to a queue and have an MDB pull off the queue with a fixed pool
size.  But this solution would not allow for dynamically increasing the number
of clients (we would need to allocate a new pool for each client).

So, is there a way to create & limit asynchronous processes using JBoss/EJB's?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214952#4214952

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214952