"dukehoops" wrote : OK, I wired up DualNodeJtaTransactionManagerImpl. The test
now passes if UserCount is below 4 or less, at 5 or above the test fails.
However, the failure I am seeing with this test is NOT the same as with the
test in our environment. It is this:

  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | Test set:
org.hibernate.test.cache.jbc2.functional.MVCCConcurrentWriteTest
  |   |
  |   | Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 182.113
sec <<< FAILURE!
  |   |
testManyUsers(org.hibernate.test.cache.jbc2.functional.MVCCConcurrentWriteTest)
 Time elapsed: 165.831 sec  <<< FAILURE!
  |   | junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Timed out waiting for user
threads to finish. Their state at the time of forced shutdown: TEST CONFIG
[userCount=5, iterationsPerUser=40, thinkTimeMillis=10]  STATE of UserRunners:
org.hibernate.test.cache.jbc2.functional.mvccconcurrentwritetest$userrun...@ffc3eb[customerid=4
 iterationsCompleted=30 completedAll=false
causeOfFailure=org.hibernate.cache.CacheException:
org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: org.jboss.cache.lock.TimeoutException:
Unable to acquire lock on Fqn
[/TS/test/org/hibernate/cache/UpdateTimestampsCache/Contacts] after [15000]
milliseconds for requestor [Thread[UserRunnerThread-4,5,main]]! Lock held by
[GlobalTransaction::903]
  |   |         at ...
  |   |
  |   |

I missed this UpdateTimestampsCache detail last week. Another user has reported
a similar lock conflict over the UpdateTimestampsCache -- see
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=152079.  With your
test I should be able to reproduce.  There shouldn't be long-lived locks held
on the UpdateTimestampsCache; if there are it's a bug.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218790#4218790

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218790