This is a classic description of a network partition (split brain) scenario.

JBM 1.x does not have any specific code for preventing split brain from
occurring. For JBM 1.x we recommend mitigating this by e.g. using IP bonding to
reduce the probability of this occurring.

If it does occur, duplicate delivery of messages is possible. If this is a
major problem in the application, we recommend the user implements application
level duplicate detection to weed out any duplicates.

JBM 2.0 will have "split brain" detection. This has been discussed on JIRA and
on the forums.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221182#4221182

Reply to the post :