We are using JBoss v4.2.3.ga.jdk6 and Hibernate 3.

For one of database table column, we have unique constraint. Now whenever
records having same column value are inserted by application, we observe
org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException exception rather than
org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException.

I came across this
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1599?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Achangehistory-tabpanel,
 and in this seems to be a hibernate bug.

However, if I replace the jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper.jar available with
open-source JBoss v4.2.3.ga.jdk6, with the one available with JBoss EAP
4.3.CP02, the application receives
org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException and application logic work
perfectly fine.

Is there different in version of jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper.jar available with
open source and subscription version. If yes, where can I get the latest
jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper.jar

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235988#4235988

Reply to the post :