Hi Carl-

If consumers crash or exit without cleanly closing their connections, then
sometime after the connection TTL time, the server should automatically close
them on the server which would result in any delivered but unacknowledged
messages going back on their queue(s).

Default connection ttl is quite long, this allows users to reconnect to any
detached sessions on the server, after network problems etc.

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta1/html/connection-ttl.html

If you'd like to reduce connection ttl to a lower value this can be done by
setting the param on the connection factory or session factory.

Sometimes the server can take up 2 * connection TTL to actually clear up the
connection, this is because it checks the connection state after connection TTL
ms to see if any data has been received since the last time. So the first time
it checks it the answer is yes, but the second time it is now.

We could do a little bit of work to make it never wait much more than
connection ttl, but in all cases I have seen so far, connection was eventually
cleared up.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237479#4237479

Reply to the post :