yes i was doing something similar to get the variables. The problem is  the
parsing of the element. I want to implement a generic parser for all the
processes deployed on the console. But every process has its implementation of
variables so i can't effectively know in what node is the variable data(some in
the first child, some other in nested childs).

if (variable instanceof MessageValue) {
  |                     MessageValue messageElement = (MessageValue) variable;
  |                     Map partElems = messageElement.getParts();
  |
  |                     // Get the first Element
  |                     String partName = (String)
partElems.keySet().iterator().next();
  |                     org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl partElement
= (org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl) partElems.values().iterator()
  |                     .next();
  |                     String
valueVar=partElement.getFirstChild().getFirstChild().getNodeValue();
  |             }

This code won't work for all processes because in another process this line
will be :

valueVar=partElement.getFirstChild().getNodeValue();

I was thinking a node searcher/comparer to variable Name but i hope something
simpler will come out...

any help is appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241408#4241408