Hi all,

I've a problem with EJB3 on JBOSS 4.2.2. I have a ejb-jar.jar in app
server(remote), but I want test client with ECLIPSE(from my computer) and  I
try it in a main class, but I have a error.

jndi.properties:

java.naming.factory.initial = org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs = org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url = jnp://Remote-IP:1099

                /*System.setProperty("java.security.policy","client.policy");
                 if(System.getSecurityManager()==null)
                 System.setSecurityManager(new RMISecurityManager());

                System.setProperty("sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout",
"100000");*/
                try {

                        properties.load(new FileInputStream("jndi.properties"));

                        Context contexto = null;

                        contexto = new InitialContext(properties);

                        GreeterFacade beanRemoto = (GreeterFacade)

                        contexto.lookup(BouncerFacadeBean.RemoteJNDIName);

                        Collection resultado = beanRemoto.listadoPedidos();
                        for (Iterator iterator = resultado.iterator();
iterator.hasNext();) {
                                String object = (String) iterator.next();
                                System.out.println("El resultado es:" +
resultado);
                        }
                }

                catch (NamingException e)
                {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                } catch (IOException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }

error:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of
these urls: Remote-IP:1099 and discovery failed with error:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server Remote-IP:1099
[Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect
to server Remote-IP:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect]]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1416)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:596)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:589)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at demoEJB.Testing.main(Testing.java:35)
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server
Remote-IP:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException:
Failed to connect to server Remote-IP:1099 [Root exception is
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:269)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1387)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to
server Remote-IP:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:243)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:84)
        at
org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:77)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:239)
        ... 5 more

In my remote host: command line (cmd): netstat -an

 TCP    127.0.0.1:1098         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
 TCP    127.0.0.1:1099         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

Note: Locally(server remote) works fine :)

I hope we can help me!!

sorry, I speak little English :)

Thanks you!!

View the original post :