Hello.  I am trying to respond to an EJB3 objection.  The objection states that
the startup time that would result from trying to deploy a high number of
stateless session beans is both high and untweakable.

I'm familiar (now) with Glassfish, which sidesteps the issue entirely by not
preallocating any stateless session beans at all (rendering the objection
completely false and untenable).  Here's the discussion thread over there:
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=361428&#361428

I'm not as familiar with JBoss.  Does JBoss pre-start a bunch of stateless
session beans when they're deployed?  If it does, is there a way to tune this
pool?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Best,
Laird