Almost overlooked your performance-question:

I tested the automatic creation of 5.000 - 10.000 portal pages with 5 Portlets
each, which was no problem (the database is the bottleneck here). Those pages
all referenced the same 5 Portlet instances.

However, when creating 1 new portlet instance for each page, Jboss Portal
cannot handle the several thousand portlet instances (the admin backend and the
JBoss API do not respond anymore). No one should need as many different portlet
instances, though.

I do not understand what you mean by portlet preferences.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252233#4252233

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4252233