Hi,

I am evaluating JBoss Portal and portlets technology in general to see if
fulfills my needs.

My current project is a web-portal with thousands of hits per second and it
will be composed of many servers in a cluster.  I am wondering about the usage
of memory JBoss Portal performs, since to work in a cluster it needs to
replicate the sessions and I guess that if portlets store too many things in
the session, this approach (portlets, JBoss, etc.) gets quite inefficient.

What I would like to know:

- How much portlet infrastructure is present on each user session (things that
I have to multiply for the number of open sessions, maybe window states,
preferences, etc.)?
- Are there shared singletone portlet infranstructure objects common to all
sessions?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Waldemar

View the original post :