Thanks for this really long answer, Ronald. In my opinion you are right,
escalation is a very complex thing and can mean a lot and I appreciate the
flexibility of jBPM but maybe we should think of a basic thing to be included
with the distro while replacing it with your own implementation is still
possible. Enable simple escalations without the need of coding to give people a
smooth start.

To me it is actually about a simple one right now. I would like to assign a
task to somebody else or take a transition to a second task assigned to
somebody else.

I managed to use a timer to make the engine take a timeout transition after
some time. My question here: If you make the engine take the transition like
this is the previous task completed? Or is this the wrong approach and I should
just change the assignment of the task in jBPM?

I am thinking about the first one because business people often model
escalations like this: There is a transition to take when the task is completed
or a different one is taken on a timer event leading to a task assigned to
somebody else.

If the task was marked completed when the timeout transition was taken wouldn't
this be a bit strange for reports on processes because actually the first
person did not complete the task but it was marked as completed?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4257059#4257059

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4257059