tasks are never associated with a state. Tasks are now just 'simple' tasks, not
'complex' tasks anymore (the task has been 'promoted' to the level of the
former task-node. That might be explicitly missing in the docs, I won't deny
that. But

What you describe is not a 'simple' scenario, it is already a more complex one.
You probably combined the 'blocking' attribute on the task within the
task-node, the signal attribute on the task-node and maybe also the signalling.
I agree that jBPM made this seem simple :-)

>From what we've experienced these were not used alot. In jBPM 4, for now, you
>need to do something like using an eventhandler to cancel the 'parallel task'.
>In the future this will be made more explicit by using things like the bpmn
>cancel signal.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258131#4258131

Reply to the post :