"PeterJ" wrote : You can have port 8080 open and still have the firewall block
access to the the port from extrnal machines. You really neeed to find out if a
firewall is running.  I don't use Gentoo (I run Fedore Core 5), so I am not
sure the best way to find that out.

  | Also, there are command-line HTTP clients that you can use to browse web
sites. You only get text back, but it would be enough to show that JBoss is
processing http requests. Perhaps you could try one of those. (I don't recall
the name(s) of the http client, that was one of the installation options I
turned off when I installed Fedora.)

hi,peterJ
I run Fedore Core 5 too.I find firewall,it's iptables,now,what can I do?Turn
firewall off?
chkconfig --list|grep iptables
iptables        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977986#3977986

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977986