User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "New to jBPM":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519177#519177

Author  : Bernd Ruecker
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/camunda

Message:
Hi Des Kane.

For upcoming projects the "future safe" choice is jBPM 4. The docs are pretty
good and there are tutorials available as well. But you are right, there is
still much more around for jBPM 3. And it is still more mature than the new
version and used in much more real life projects. And it is currently still
used in the supported platform from JBoss.

So there are arguments for both versions. But if you don't have requirements
not yet tackled by jBPM 4 I would try to go in that direction. There is much
more going on (like BPMN 2, Business-IT-Aligment, ...) and the architecture and
API is much cleaner. But maybe that depends on your planned release date as
well ;-)

For the training: Since JBoss lacks a training we currently provide a jBPM 4
training:
http://www.camunda.com/menschen/jboss-jbpm-drools-esb/praxiskurs-jbpm-4/. Our
basic target market is Germany, so the agenda is in German, sorry. But
depending on your location we could maybe give an english version onsite as
well. If you are interessted just contact me: mailto:bernd.ruec...@camunda.com.
We could even extend this training in some kind of workshop to discuss
differences of jBPM 3 and 4 to help you, to make a better choice...

Cheers
Bernd