Arbi Sookazian [http://community.jboss.org/people/asookazian] created the
discussion

"Eclipse and JBT faster on Linux vs. Windows?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/534105#534105

I've used Eclipse and JBT for years on Win boxes (mostly XP and now Win7).
I've always complained about how slow Eclipse is and perhaps some of that has
to do with all the plugins that are eagerly loaded on startup (i.e. slow
startup time when switching workspaces).

I installed Eclipse 3.5.x on Ubuntu 9.10 today and installed JBT 3.1.0 and it
seems to be running much faster.

Is this a generally accepted behavior?  Just wondering if I should try to
switch my desktop dev envmt to some Debian-based OS like Ubuntu and ditch
Windows altogether???  thx.