Andrig Miller [http://community.jboss.org/people/andy.miller%40jboss.com]
created the discussion

"Multiple Persistence Units with the same entities"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536414#536414

In developing some code, it dawned on me that I had some batch processing, and
some OLTP process, and that I really wanted to configure them differently, from
a JPA perspective.

So, I created two persistence units in my persistence.xml, with two different
sets of Hibernate properties, pointing at the same database, and let it default
to scanning for the Entities in my jar.

I also then updated my stateless session beans to have two entity managers
injected one, referencing one persistent unit name, and the other referencing
the other.

In the batch processing methods I use the entity manager that is configured for
batch processing, and in the other methods I use the one configured for OLTP
processing.

This is all working, but when I was reading various sources for whether this
"should" work, it wasn't clear.

So, while it does work, what I am wondering, is this spec compliant, or is this
just dumb, blind luck that it works?

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]