Maurice de Chateau [http://community.jboss.org/people/MohReece] replied to the
discussion

"Error while deploying the JBPM project from eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538942#538942

Hi Sameer,

If you're getting an IncompatibleClassChangeError, something is seriously
wrong! I never experienced this with jBPM myself so far, and looking up what it
could mean turned up the following description:

"+This situation occurs when the current definition  of the referenced class is
incompatible with the definition of the class   that was found when the
referring class was compiled. For example, say  class+ +A+ +refers to a method
in class+ +B++. Then, after class+ +A+ +is compiled, the method is  removed
from class+ +B++. When  class+ +A+ +is loaded, the run-time  system discovers
that the method in class+ +B+ +no longer exists and throws an error.+"

To me, this says that there may be two different versions of jBPM in your
environment (with at least incompatible versions of the class
org.jbpm.job.ExecuteActionJob).

Could it be that there is a different version of jBPM either referenced from
within Eclipse or in the deploy or lib directories of you JBoss AS?