zecas zecas [http://community.jboss.org/people/zecas] created the discussion

"jBPM DispatcherThread : J2SE and JEE behavior"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/540157#540157

Hi,

I have a question that came when running jBPM in a J2SE environment.

I'm executing the following:

ProcessEngine processEngine = new Configuration().buildProcessEngine();

>From what I can tell, it will configure a process engine, and it will launch a
>thread, a "DispatcherThread" as it is called.

That thread will be the responsible to query the jbpm database (through
hibernate), to check for executions to make.

That's what will keep the engine running.

My question is: What about web environments?

I've generated "user-webapp" through "ant create.user.webapp". It is under
generated folder.

If I use it as a base for a single webapp or under JEE environment, it still
lauches a thread? Is there any precaution to take in this environment?

What if I have several jbpm enabled applications, like J2SE and some webapps,
all configured to use a central jbpm database repository for storing processes.
How does each thread works? Are there any risk of complict? For example,
multiple threads picking the same execution step to process.

Thanks.