Tim Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/johntim] replied to the
discussion

"foreach activity"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546807#546807

BPMN 2.0 introduces the multi-instance loop characteristic for activities. The
expr attribute is similar to the completionCondition (this is what I meant in
my comment on JBPM-2414), could the implementation also include support for the
isSequential flag that controls sequential or parallel execution of the
activity instances?

Also can the ability to initiate additional activity instances be supported?
This is described in workflow pattern 36 (
http://www.workflowpatterns.com/patterns/control/new/wcp36.php
http://www.workflowpatterns.com/patterns/control/new/wcp36.php). Could this be
implemented with an event listener (<on event="end">) added to the foreach? For
example: Three contracts are scheduled for drafting, during the execution of
one of these activities an additional contract draft is deemed necessary, this
is added by the event listener before the completeCondition expression is
evaluated.

The current patch in JBPM-2414 supports only multiple task instances, it would
be great if your solution could support sub-processes.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]