henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] created the discussion

"Does the JBM bridge uses a connection pool?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549811#549811

Hi,

I'm trying to get a connection pool to work for accessing a remote JBM queue
from another JBM (JBoss AS 5.1) instance. I was looking at the bridge mechanism
for this.

For instance, this example is taken from the JBM docs:

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.bridge.BridgeService"
name="jboss.messaging:service=Bridge,name=TestBridge"
xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Bridge-xmbean.xml">
     <depends
optional-attribute-name="SourceProviderLoader">jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=MyRemoteJMSProvider</depends>
     <depends
optional-attribute-name="TargetProviderLoader">jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=JMSProvider</depends>
     <attribute name="SourceDestinationLookup">/queue/testQueue</attribute>
     <attribute name="TargetDestinationLookup">/queue/A</attribute>
     <attribute name="QualityOfServiceMode">0</attribute>

     <attribute name="MaxBatchSize">5</attribute>
     <attribute name="MaxBatchTime">-1</attribute>
     <attribute name="FailureRetryInterval">5000</attribute>
     <attribute name="MaxRetries">-1</attribute>
     <attribute name="AddMessageIDInHeader">false</attribute>
</mbean>

This however has 'provider loaders' as an argument, and thus not something that
resembles a structure that is created by the tx-connection-factory element in a
-ds.xml file.

According to an article written by Tim Fox (
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ShouldIcacheJMSconnectionsandJMSsessions
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ShouldIcacheJMSconnectionsandJMSsessions) my
performance "+*will suck*"+, if I don't use a connection pool. It goes without
saying that I don't want my performance to suck, but everything I read about
connection pools only seems to apply to local destinations. Using the bridge
was my last resort to get connection pooling to my remote queue, but this too
does not seem to use a connection pool.

What gives?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]