Chris Toomey [http://community.jboss.org/people/cntoomey] created the discussion

"Multi-threaded process execution?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550680#550680

Has anybody implemented extensions to support multi-threaded process execution
of fully-automated (no human tasks) workflows?
I'm looking at using jbpm for executing such workflows in a web application,
and for performance need to be able to execute parallel branches concurrently
in separate threads.  The nodes in the workflows would be Java modules that
execute computational or data-gathering tasks.

I've got some rough ideas on how to do it, but am hoping someone's already done
it or at least spent some time thinking though how best to do it.

thx,
Chris