Ron Sigal [http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal%40jboss.com] replied to
the discussion

"How to set timeout for method invocation?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/551122#551122

Hi Jacek,

Note that I moved this thread to the Remoting users forum.

I'm not really sure what your question is.  However, it seems that, on the one
hand, you have successfully set the timeout value for JNDI lookups, but you
want to speed up the connection failures you're showing in the stacktraces.  Is
that right?  If so, then you can set the connection timeout value in one of the
server configuration files.  Which file to change depends on the version of the
Application Server you are using.  For AS 4, go to
$JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/jboss-service.xml and
add, for example, "timeout=60000" to the "InvokerLocator" attribute:

  <attribute
name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?invokerDestructionDelay=5000&timeout=60000</attribute>

which will set the timeout for connections and invocations to one minute.

In AS 5, go to
$JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy/ejb3-connectors-jboss-beans.xml and do the
same thing.

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]