Sudhakar Pandey [http://community.jboss.org/people/spandey1982] created the
discussion

"Queue\Topic not bound"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/553862#553862

We are trying to replace default HSQL with Oracle. After resolving couple of
issues, we have replaced HSQL with Oracle. However, now exception is coming
post core startup while binding MDB to Queue/Topic. Everything seems to be
correct.
<EXCEPTION>
+15:12:00,113 ERROR [JmsActivation] Unable to reconnect
mailto:org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.jmsactivations...@4ba03f(ra=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.jmsresourceadap...@9f629c

org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.jmsactivations...@4ba03f(ra=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.jmsresourceadap...@9f629c
 destination=topic/Tran+
+sactionCategorisationTopic destinationType=javax.jms.Topic tx=true
durable=true reconnect=10 provider=DefaultJMSProvider user=mqm pass=<not shown>
maxMessages=1 minSession=1 maxSession=15 keepAlive=30+
+000 useDLQ=true
DLQHandler=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.GenericDLQHandler
DLQJndiName=queue/DLQ DLQUser=null DLQMaxResent=10)+
+javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: TransactionCategorisationTopic not bound+
+        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:771)+
+        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:779)+
+        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:785)+
+        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:443)+
+        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:399)+
+        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor233.invoke(Unknown Source)+
+        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)+
+        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)+
+        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)+
+        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)+
+        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)+
+        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)+
+        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)+
+        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)+
+        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)+
+        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)+
+        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)+
+        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)+
+        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)+
+        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)+
+        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:142)+
+        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)+
+        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:726)+
+        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:686)+
+        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)+
+        at org.jboss.util.naming.Util.lookup(Util.java:222)+
+        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.setupDestination(JmsActivation.java:464)+
+        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.setup(JmsActivation.java:352)+
+        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.handleFailure(JmsActivation.java:292)+
+        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation$SetupActivation.run(JmsActivation.java:733)+
+        at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:205)+
+        at
org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:260)+
+        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)+
+        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)+
</EXCEPTION>

I am getting above exception for all the queues and topics.
*Changes done:*
1. Copy oracle-persistence-service.xml file from <JBoss 5.1
installation>\docs\examples\jms

2. Removed <depends
optional-attribute-name="ChannelFactoryName">jboss.jgroups:service=ChannelFactory</depends>
 from oracle-persisence-service.xml file. Bean not defined. After commenting
the line issue got resolved.

3. We have defined our own JMSProvider for all our Queues and Topics. I have
declared the JMSProvider information in a new xml file and placed it under a
new folder "JMS" under deploy folder. JMSProvider declaration is attached
herewith.

I am not sure what exact details I should provide to get the appropriate
answer. So please let me know in case you need any other detail.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2043]