jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: Create stateless bean from stateful bean"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578014#578014

I'm not quite sure I completely understand the question.

> piotrekde wrote:
>

> I know, that if I obtain a reference by JNDI to the bean, then I've got proxy
> object, but behind it, actually might be 10 stateless beans doing its work.
Yes, you get a proxy and then when a method is invoked on that proxy, typically
an instance of a SLSB is picked up from pool and the method is invoked on that
instance.

> piotrekde wrote:
>

> But what if I am on the same virtual machine?

You mean same JVM? I would say it doesn't make any difference, but I haven't
yet understood the question, so I might be missing something.

> piotrekde wrote:
>
> Should I use @EJB annotation or maybe ordinary constructor?
Never instantiate EJBs (or any server managed components) via the constructor
invocation. Doing so will strip off all the server provided services off those
components (for example, the instances will no longer be having any transaction
or security semantics).