Viswanath Rajashekar [http://community.jboss.org/people/a.r.viswanath] created
the discussion

"java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport tag
incompatible with javax.faces.component.UIComponent"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/596145#596145

Hi All,

  I am using facelets in our application. While I'm trying to include the tag
returned from class implementing javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport, I'm
getting *java.lang.ClassCastException: class name (implementing
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport tag) incompatible with
javax.faces.component.UIComponent*. The configuration being made as follows :

*xhtml file:*
<ui:composition xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
xmlns:ui=" http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets";
xmlns:h=" http://java.sun.com/jsf/html http://java.sun.com/jsf/html";
xmlns:f=" http://java.sun.com/jsf/core http://java.sun.com/jsf/core";
xmlns:rich=" http://richfaces.org/rich http://richfaces.org/rich";
xmlns:a4j=" http://richfaces.org/a4j http://richfaces.org/a4j";
xmlns:sf=" http://www.springframework.org/tags/faces
http://www.springframework.org/tags/faces";
xmlns:melalogin=" http://sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.tag/customTags
http://sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.tag/customTags";>

*tag used as :* <melalogin:sovelluksenvaihtolistatag />

*taglib.xml:*
<facelet-taglib>
<namespace> http://sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.tag/customTags
http://sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.tag/customTags</namespace>
<tag>
<tag-name>sovelluksenvaihtolistatag</tag-name>
<component>
<component-type>sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.component</component-type>
</component>
</tag>
</facelet-taglib>

*faces-config.xml:*
**
<component>
   <component-type>sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.component</component-type>

<component-class>com.tieto.tkp.login.SovelluksenVaihtoListaTag</component-class>
  </component>

*web.xml:*
**
<context-param>
  <param-name>facelets.LIBRARIES</param-name>
  <param-value>/WEB-INF/sovelluksenvaihtolistatag.taglib.xml</param-value>
</context-param>

Does the facelet support the jsp tag? Is there any additional configurations to
be made?

Regards
Viswanath