Chris Melas [http://community.jboss.org/people/melc] created the discussion

"Re: Could I seperate my web app server from jBPM work flow engine?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611788#611788

Hello,
This is how we use it regarding the bpm functionality. The application forms
and business logic along with the model is in server A i.e. tomcat, glassfish
and jbpm5.1 runs in jboss5. The communication is implemented through web
services and a little customization of jbpm in order to ensure some
transactions by writing directly to the jbpm database through the
implementation of the integration point. The customization of jbpm is basically
to enrich a little the REST API and have some bootstrap code to start processes
or long custom tasks in case the jbpm server is down when communicating.