Cristiano Nicolai [http://community.jboss.org/people/cristiano.nicolai] created
the discussion

"JPA History Log"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/613311#613311

Hi all,

I notice that the JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger class currently uses the command
scoped entity manager to persist its data. Which is shared with the engine to
perform its work (Command scope), causing to loose this data in case of a
rollback. I'm just thinking that it might be useful if it runs on a separate
transaction/entity manager, to keep track about everything that happened. For
example, if a WorkItemHandler throws an exception, we still know that the
respective node was triggered.

Do you guys see any drawback on doing it?