Marco Piraccini [http://community.jboss.org/people/mpiraccini] created the
discussion

"Re: Persistence and Transaction Management"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/613404#613404

Any comment?
The documentation says:

"Whenever you do not provide transaction boundaries inside your application,
the engine will automatically execute each method invocation on the
engine in a separate transaction"

So, if I do not specify the TransactionManager (and do not start a transaction
programmatically) I expect that a transaction manager is used transparently by
JBPM. Indeed, it seems that org.drools.persistence.jta.JtaTransactionManager is
used by default (throwing a NPE!). But that is quite confusing, since the
persistence-unit's transaction-type is RESOURCE_LOCAL.

Any hint about that?